Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

What's your Hollywood?!


Everyone has their guilty pleasure. Mine? Well I'm an entertainment junkie!  I love sitting down with a stack of tabloid magazines. I don't just quickly flip through them, I read them cover to cover! I try to watch all the new popular television shows, as well as keeping up with my long time favourites. Movies? They’re my downfall (based on my collection of over 200 movie stubs). Perez Hilton and TMZ's websites are a must visit each and everyday… at least eight times a day! It really should come as no surprise that "Award Season" is an absolute highlight for me. I watch them all. The Emmy's, The Golden Globes, The Screen Actors Guild Awards, and more but my personal favourite, The Academy Awards, most commonly known as "The Oscars."

"Oscar Night" is an extravaganza not to be missed! First comes the parade of stars walking the "red carpet" in all their splendour. The fashion "hits" and "misses" are always a popular topic and generally talked about at great length in the following days. Then comes the opening number, usually a musical, but sometimes it's a comedic monologue. Whatever it turns out to be, it generally sets the mood of excitement for what’s to come. And then finally, the five little words we wait to hear… "and the Oscar goes to". 

Have you ever wondered what it takes to put on a show of this magnitude? Or who selects the films, actors, directors, etc. that are nominated? What will winning an Oscar do for an Actors career? These are just a few of the topics that I plan to blog about. Join me in the following weeks as I discuss these and other topics related to "Oscar". Don't forget to tune into the Academy Awards on March 2, 2014. 


3 comments:

  1. Your blog makes me happy. I LOVE Oscar night. What I haven't really done is look into the topics you mentioned in this post. Now I won't have to research these topics because I'll just read your blog, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for Oscar Night! It's such an event and I am proud to say that this year I have been able to watch a lot of the nominations, so it'll be nice to have a bit of an opinion. I look forward to reading your blog further and finding out more about these topics! Good luck Vanessa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year's Academy Awards is just around the corner. Can't wait to watch it here, especially Red Carpet for Oscar's fashion trends and what the big names will be wearing. They are always my must-to-watch parts.

    ReplyDelete