Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

And the Winner is...

I think it was Sally Field who said it best, "You like me, you really like me." She said this famous line at the 1985 Academy Awards while accepting her second oscar for her role in Places in the Heart. While it may not have been the best acceptance speech, it was definitely memorable.


I'll admit, I still don't watch all the acceptance speeches at The Oscars, but I do watch the "big" ones. Best Actor and Actress, Best Supporting Actor and Actress and Best Movie. Probably because I've watched all the movies and now I feel invested in the them, I want to see my prediction come true and see my favourtie actor give their speech. After the first few speeches they all start to sound the same to me, and I don't know anyone they're thanking.

But lets be honest, no one ever remembers the "best" acceptance speeches, we all remember the "worst" ones.

I am starting to realize that a lot of work and man power goes into making the final product so this year I probably should sit down and listen to the speeches because every person that gets thanked in a speech deserves it.


3 comments:

  1. You are right, the people they are thanking in their speeches are mainly the ones working hard on that new favourite movie of yours. We all remember the trips and falls climbing the stairs or the crazy antics of people jumping all over the stage in excitement (Cuba Gooding Jr.) its not the touching speeches that we remember. I will have to watch it with a different look too. Thanks Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to catch some although not all of the awards this year, and in terms of speechs, I personally thought Matthew Mccconaughey's speech was the best, most heartfelt and genuine I have ever watched. What was your favourite speech this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read through all of your posts (minus the first one lol) and I have to say I am with you. The only speeches I listen too are the main ones, you know lead actor/actress, supporting, directing and best picture. that being said I definitely love to re-watch all the memorable speeches whether they be good or bad. This post was one of my favourites of your blog, and I am glad you decided to highlight Oscar speeches. Good job Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete