Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Oscar Excitement


With The Oscars only two days away my nerdy excitement is becoming harder and harder to hide. Fortunately, I'm not the only one. It seems that every daytime and late night talk show is counting down and talking about The Academy Awards. But what I'm looking forward to after The Oscars is Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars. If this years show is anything like last years show then it should be hilarious and include many A-listers and possibly Oscar winners.
 

Now, I'm not say that The Oscars aren't entertaining, I don't think there has ever been an opening monologue that I haven't enjoyed. And even most of the presenters throw in a joke here or there before another famous Oscar line is uttered, "the envelope, please." And lets not forget the anticipation of who will win the biggest award of the night, Best Picture. But with just two days to go we won't have to wait much longer! 

Fun Fact: Jennifer Lawrence is the youngest person ever to earn a trio of Oscar nominations. (Winter's Bone, Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle.)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited! I love awards season and Ellen so this year will for sure be good. Also, although I will probably not be able to stay up until the Jimmy Kimmel special, I already have it to be recorded. Can't wait till you next post after the oscars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay Ellen!! The Oscars are always a great award show to watch and with Ellen hosting this year I'm even more excited!! I'm really hoping Leo finally wins! Only a few more hours till we find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have plans tonight to watch it with my friends. We can't wait to see Ellen host, I mean, how can anything ever be bad if Ellen is involved? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ellen as host. She is so entertaining and down to earth and makes the time fly on the Oscars. Big fan of award shows here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen was hilarious at the Oscars! Pizza delivery and group selfies...she lightened the mood in a way only she could. I'm satisfied with the results of the awards too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rarely watch the Oscars although I do catch snippits if there are movies I really, really enjoyed, but like you I do get excited over Jimmy's after the oscars show. They are always fantastic - I loved Ameowadeus - hilarious and based off my favourite movie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never really watch the Oscars but I try my best to watch whenever Ellen is hosting. She's witty and very entertaining. I always find myself laughing and watching a good chunk of the Oscars when I normally wouldn't bother.

    ReplyDelete